Very Best Self: Week 2

Really? Y’all are going to make me do this all by myself? Nobody wants to be their very best selves right along with me??

Fine.

pout

Anyway, so this was not a great week for being my Very Best Self apparently. I only got up early ONCE last week because hey, guess what! I can’t go to bed at 11 pm and expect myself to get up at 5:30 am. Not happening. So I’m going to have to reverse engineer this thing and go to bed by 10 pm at the latest. Setting an alarm at 9 pm would probably help too – that would give me plenty of time to wash my face, brush my teeth, set the coffee, and make my lunch for the next day.

Guess what time I went to bed last night? 11 pm! So, not off to a great start this week already, but that’s okay. Mondays are hard.

That’s really all I have to report. How is everyone else doing? Oh that’s right…NO ONE ELSE IS PARTICIPATING. It’s okay though. No, really, I’m fine.

TOTALLY FINE.

sneer

One thought on “Very Best Self: Week 2

1. Vickie
    July 15, 2019 at 12:11 pm

I think it might be Gretchen who does her going to bed stuff early in the evening. I think it started with brushing her teeth right after dinner so she did not snack in the evenings. It would make sense to pack a lunch as part of dinner clean up.

2. Karen
    July 15, 2019 at 12:13 pm

I was waiting until we were done with two birthdays in a row (and getting over a nasty cold virus) before trying my VBS. This week, my VBS is going to stick to the No S Diet principles (three meals, no seconds, no snacks, no sweets) for M-F, and run three times a week (two down this week!) and do weights, which I haaate but I like the results–i.e. I get stronger and look leaner. Also drink more water. (she said as she nurses along a cold brew she got at 9 am this morning)

3. July 15, 2019 at 4:42 pm

I admittedly have not done well at all at being my VBS but I did have an aha moment that part of why I’m not able to be all super chill right now is because my anxiety levels have been through the roof lately. It’s really frustrating since there isn’t anything going on that should be triggering it, so I don’t know what’s up. I made an appointment for Thursday with my doctor to start figuring it out – so I guess that’s a win(ish)?

• July 15, 2019 at 5:47 pm

That’s a major WIN Veronica! Good for you for figuring out there was a problem AND making an appt with your doctor! I’m so sorry you’re feeling anxious though- it’s a terrible feeling and it’s exhausting. I hope they can help you. Hugs to you, friend!

4. July 15, 2019 at 7:28 pm

I started a 30 day yoga challenge and I have done it 8 days in a row and guess what? I kinda love yoga even though I’m a total newbie! I just bought a mat and block as my reward for sticking with it a whole week and because I think it’s going to be my long-term jam!

• July 15, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Omg that’s awesome! I love yoga- good for you for rewarding yourself!

5. Bonnie
    July 16, 2019 at 8:13 am

I have not done well with my cleaning the kitchen right after dinner. I started out the month sick from a bad reaction to the shingles vaccine. Then work got crazy. Last night we had a tornado warning right after dinner and spent a significant amount of time in the basement. (Once you’ve been hit with an EF3, you don’t mess around with those warnings.) And now we are getting ready to visit family for a couple of weeks, so I’ve decided I will try again in August. While we’re gone, though, I’m going to try to be my VBS by not giving up my daily workout just because we’re on vacation.

• July 17, 2019 at 10:22 am

Don’t you love it when you make a plan and life gets in the way? So sorry about your shingles vaccine reaction – that’s awful. Just do the best you can on vacation and tell yourself that working out will help you enjoy your vacation MORE because of all those endorphins. 🙂

6. Barbara
    July 16, 2019 at 3:51 pm

I have been trying to get 10,000 or more steps a day and it is working. I also have been trying to do weights 3 times per week although this week because of a bad shoulder, I can only lift 5 pounds. Thank you for suggesting trying to be our VBS.

• July 17, 2019 at 10:23 am

Ugh – I’ve had those shoulder injuries and it’s amazing how it limits work outs!! You are doing a great job with your VBS challenge – kudos to you!!!