My body and my brain are confused. With 4th of July being smack dab in the middle of the week, it creates a weird flow to the days. Tuesday felt like Friday, and today feels like a Monday, but it’s actually Thursday. When I had the day off yesterday, my body/brain felt like it was Saturday and couldn’t understand why I wanted it to go to bed at 10:00 last night. What a weird week.
Thanks to all of you who were so kind to send nice thoughts about my dad. He’s doing better – going to physical therapy a couple of times a week and he can now walk without the cane and his left hand is working a little better now. I don’t think he’ll ever be 100%, but he’s so lucky to be as well off as he is.
So you may have noticed my irregular posting lately (i.e. the last couple of years) and I think it’s because I just don’t know what to post. When I was writing about weight loss (or my lack thereof) it was easy – write about food, what not to eat, what I ate that I shouldn’t have eaten, what exercise I did, what exercise I didn’t do that I probably should have, weigh-ins, workouts, and whatnot… it felt easy and effortless. But now, I don’t know what to write about – I have no theme. When I wrote about self care and self esteem, it seemed as if no one was really interested in that – I heard a lot of crickets during that time in the way of feedback. And I feel like there are so many others out there who write about that stuff WAY better than I do, so I’ll just leave it up to them.
I mean, I can keep coming here once or twice a week and just opening my blog and writing whatever comes to mind, OR you can help me come up with some topics. Is there anything YOU think I should write about? Are there topics that you think “huh, I sure wish Jill would write about this, I’d love to get her take on it”? or should I just stick to plunking down my thoughts whenever the mood strikes (which apparently is only about once or twice a month). What say you? If you want to suggest a topic, my only request is that it not be political in any way, shape, or form. I do not do the political stuff AT ALL. There is so much of that out there right now by lots of folks who are more articulate than I, and really, I just want my little corner of the internet to be a nice place to visit.
So here are a few topic ideas I’ve been rolling around in my head:
- The Greatest Decade of Them All: The Eighties. All of my teenage years were in the 1980s so I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to those ten years. From toys to fashion – I was there and lived it (as did most of you since my demographic seems to be women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s).
- Bad at Makeup: Wherein I might do a video (a la the young Youtubers of today) that shows how completely inept I am when it comes to applying makeup. Seriously guys, I’m just not good at it, but it might good for a laugh.
- Plus size fashion: I buy clothes and show them to you. Wow! So innovative and original!!!
- Veggie of the week: I pick something from my Harvest Bag and show you how I prepared it.
- Book Club/Podcast review: I talk about what I’m reading and/or listening to
- Healthy Living: what I’m doing now vs what I used to do (I’m slowly but surely putting forth more effort in this category), or things I’m learning to do better, etc.
- Stuff about marriage and parenting teens, maybe? I don’t feel like there are as many resources about how to take care of your marriage in the later years, or how to parent teens and young adults. Not that I’m an expert, but maybe it would open a dialogue here and we can learn from each other.
So what do you think? Are you interested in reading about any of these topics/all of these topics/none of these topics? If you answered “none”, then what do you suggest? Seriously, I’m open to any reasonable suggestion.
Okay wow – 747 words already! How did I do that? Anyway, please chime in below in the comments and let me know what you want to see here at the ‘Pear. I don’t want to stop writing, but I’m having terrible writers block. Help me help myself!