When I have a few moments of free time, I like to jump on the internet and see what’s happening in the world. I usually check out the Big Three of Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter but lately I find myself more irritated than anything with all of the bad news and conflict that shows up in my feed. So today I decided there had to be something positive on the interwebs and I went searching for some sites that focused on the lighter, more positive side of life. Mind you, this was a quick Google search, but I think I hit on some winners:
- Sunnyskyz.com. Here you will find uplifting stories, cute animal pics, positive news stories, and fun videos. When you want to remember that good people still exist in the world, this is your landing place.
- Hooplaha.com. This site boasts “only good news”. It’s a little more grown up than Sunny Skyz – if you want something with a little more substance than cute animal pictures, this might be the place for you.
- Positive.news – For serious news consumer, I give you positive.news. Politics, society, science, and the environment (plus more) are covered here in an uplifting light.
- Goodnewsnetwork.org. This site was founded “as an antidote to the barrage of negativity experienced in the mainstream media”. It is here to remind us that there is still a lot of good in the world to report, even if we don’t hear about it on our radios or TV or major social media sites.
- Bored Panda – Honorable mention goes to Bored panda because I find it interesting and fun. While it’s not necessarily a “positive” site, there is enough on here that makes me laugh and think that I decided to include it on my list.
This little exercise has already helped me feel better and less anxious. I encourage you to do your own digging and find even more positive news sites and share them. I’ve had enough of the arguing, bashing, and conflicts I see on the Social Media Trifecta. I think I’ll start making the above selections my first stops when I hop on the internet from now on.
What are some of your favorite positive websites? What sites do you go to when you need to be inspired? Share in the comments below!