I’m playing with a posting schedule in an effort to post here regularly as opposed to the hit-or-miss “schedule” I’ve been using for the last couple of years. On Mondays I’m going to write about some form of mental health (because I think it’s important to get a discussion of mental health out in the open), Wednesdays will be devoted to current wins: things I’ve done well, nice things others have done, things that have had made me happy (because I want this to be a positive place for readers to visit), and Fridays will be a free-for-all where I just write about whatever strikes my fancy (because…well just because I want to).
Since today is Wed-nes-day (will I ever be able to type that word without saying it in my head like that???) WINNING is the word of the day!
For awhile last year, I kept a notebook wherein I listed 3-5 things that made me feel good about myself – I called it my Daily Wins (it’s an excellent self-esteem booster – I highly recommend it) and I thought it would be fun to list some wins here on the ‘Pear.
- My birthday was earlier in the month and I got to go visit my BFF in Baton Rouge. We spent one day in New Orleans and had beignets in New Orleans City Park, then saw Phantom of the Opera. It was so fun!
(Beignets at Morning Call Cafe – Open 24 hours for all your beignet needs)
- Being with my BFF is like getting a shot of Vitamin Kickass. She builds me up and makes me feel like I am the smartest, funniest, prettiest, most magical unicorn of all time. She can make friends with anyone and has the ability to make one feel like the most interesting person in the room. She’s gracious and generous, and is quick with a laugh and a hug. And she will always be the best dressed woman in the room, guaranteed.
- And in addition to being best friends, we are now Fitbit friends too! We decided that we both need more activity in our lives, so we have challenged each other to a Work Week Hustle. It’s perfect for us because we have about the same activity level, so it’s an effort for us to stay ahead of one another, but it’s not unmanageable. We are actually having fun with it, and I think that’s what will keep us going with it.
- A local farm harvest delivery service is finally available in my area, so I signed up and got my first delivery last Friday. The food is so delicious, and I feel like I got a lot for my money. I’ll post more about it on Friday, but I’m so proud of myself for signing up for this and actually finding ways to use the produce.
- My husband bought himself a bike. He’s been talking about getting one for years and he found out an acquaintance of his buys bikes, fixes them up, then resells them. He made my husband a good deal on a really nice bike and now my husband can ride to his heart’s content. I’m happy that he’s so happy about it. 🙂
With all the negative news that seems to permeate our lives, I think it’s a good exercise to take note of what’s going well for us. What are some of your Daily Wins? Write them down in a notebook or jot them in a memo on your phone, or list them in the comments below. Feel free to brag on yourself or just mention that nice thing that someone did for you. Whatever it is, take a minute to really notice it and notice how it lifts you up. Then go be the WIN in someone else’s day. 🌼