Weekend To-Do List

I was making a list of things I need to accomplish over the weekend:

• Clean the fridge (what IS that pink stuff all over the bottom shelf??)
  • Mop the kitchen floor (I think somebody spilled something sticky)
  • Clean my bedroom (so much stuff everywhere!)

when I realized I didn’t have any fun things on my To-Do List. Gotta remedy that!

What do I want from this weekend? What do I want to do and how can I make it happen?

In addition to all of those chores above, I also plan to:

• paint my nails
  • watch a funny movie
  • read for a couple of hours
  • spend some time on my yoga mat

And as much as I love doing the above things, I find that I have to be intentional about scheduling/doing them, otherwise I get bogged down with one chore after another and I end my weekend feeling productive yet unfulfilled. Now that I’ve written them down, I’ll be much more certain to make them happen because as my motto says “if it’s not on the list, it doesn’t exist!” (which mostly applies to shopping for groceries, because if I don’t write it down, I am probably going to forget that I need it, but it’s also applicable here).

What fun things will you plan on doing this weekend??? If you don’t have something fun planned yet- plan it now! Tell me in the comments what you’re going to do. 🙂

One thought on “Weekend To-Do List

1. Sarah Horton
    January 22, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I have a lovely stack of books, two snuggly kitties, and a cozy quilt. This wet icy weather is perfect for a reading weekend!

January 22, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Yep, I like writing down the fun things as well as the must things too. Makes the to-do list so much more enjoyable. I am leaving on a trip Sunday, and was contemplating leaving a day early. But then I decided to just stay home (and save money) and just pretend my house is a hotel. I am going to have a good day in my hotel-house tomorrow!!

3. Biz
    January 22, 2016 at 5:01 pm

I never used to be a list maker, but realized that I had to – so many little things that add up. I have something I call a “power hour” – I heard it on a podcast. You set aside one hour a week for all the little shit that adds up (replacing a light bulb, emptying the trash next to the washer, etc.) and you knock off a bunch of stuff and you feel so accomplished when it’s done!

4. January 23, 2016 at 4:02 am

I just hosted a housewarming party lunch! Lots of work but fun too.

5. January 23, 2016 at 7:14 am

Lists. I love them!!! They help me to be successful. I am planning a hike this afternoon. Nothing crazy, just a two miler on a relatively easy mountain. I have a million other “to do’s” on my list.

6. Sowji
    January 29, 2016 at 9:32 am

I signed up for a boot camp for the first time. Kinda tensed if I will be able to make it through.

• February 2, 2016 at 11:00 am

How was it? I hope you survived!

7. A.K. Hiddleston-Foster
    February 16, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Love how you put fun things on your to do list, great idea. Mine is always full of boring things but this time I make one there will be fun things too! As for my weekend, still recovering as went modern jive dancing every evening! Whoops 😉