Elise is an adorable new blogging friend who I’m delighted to have as a guest post-er today! After you read her post here, go to her blog and give her some blogging-community love. 🙂
Hi! My name is Elise Sans. Through making small changes, healthy living ceased to be a phase and become my lifestyle. As a result, I became happier and more at peace with life and with myself.
5 Things About Me:
- I. LOVE. Writing!
- I love the sun, nature, and farmers markets.
- Dancing and pink things makes me happy!
- I have an enormous list of success, spiritual, and financial prosperity books by Napoleon Hill, Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey, and more that I am working on. One book at a time!
- The best thing that God created was tasty cupcakes without sugar, dairy, or flour.
I created a blog to share the things that I have learned along my health and wellness journey that have completely changed my life. Visit www.loveitelise.com for recipes and tips on how to create a life you love!
10 Benefits of Meditation
By: Elise Sans
Meditation is a wonderful practice that has changed my life. When I started practicing it daily, I noticed that my mind was more at peace. Often times we don’t realize that our minds aren’t at peace until they finally are.
I used to always have a bunch of thoughts running through my head. Many of these thoughts created feelings of stress, anxiety, sadness, and worry. When I started meditating, my mind was in a peaceful state. As a result, these thoughts started to diminish and life started to get wonderful. I didn’t get upset about things that I normally would. It was like meditation formed a bubble around me. Things couldn’t pass through and affect me unless I let them.
This happened because meditation allows you to think before you act. We usually react to situations, meaning that we make quick decisions based off of our emotions. Meditation allows us to analyze situations and respond to them, which is based off of reason and thought. So, we can decide to get angry, upset, or sad, or we can decide to move on with our lives.
For example, if someone cuts you off in traffic, you can instantly react by honking your horn, flipping them off, or yelling at them, or you can respond by thinking about the situation first. That person could be running late or heading somewhere very important. So, you can decide to do nothing.
Having that choice is powerful. People, situations, and events won’t be able to control our feelings or our lives anymore— we will. Meditation gave me the tools I needed to create peace and happiness in my life.
There are different forms of meditation that all have their own uses.
Mindfulness meditation: In this type of meditation, you focus on your breath. As a result of focusing on something constant, you quiet your mind.
Guided meditation: These meditations take your mind on a journey as you listen to words that can promote relaxation, energy, and relief from pain, sickness, and anxiety.
Binaural beats and isochronic tones meditation: These meditations play tones that affect your brainwaves. There are different meditations to promote better sleep, relaxation, creativity, focus, and relief from pain and anxiety. These meditations work so well because of the way sound affects our brain. Just like sound creates waves in water, sound can affect our thoughts because our brain is made up of 75 percent water.
Mindfulness meditation is a part of my daily routine because it allowed me to transform my life. I use the other meditations when I have a specific goal. Try them next time you want to relax or get a good nights rest!
In addition to transforming our lives, meditation contains many other benefits that can improve our health and wellbeing. Here are some of the benefits:
- Increases overall well-being: When you meditate consistently, you will find that you become happier and more at peace with life.
- Increases relaxation: Meditation slows your brain waves down to the alpha states, which promotes relaxation.
- Increases awareness: Meditation slows down the chatter in your brain, allowing you to be more present in life.
- Increases creative thinking: Meditation activates parts of your brain that aren’t always in use, so the creative part of your brain gets charged.
- Increases mental strength and focus: Meditation is like a workout for your mind, so your mental capabilities get stronger.
- Increases memory retention and recall: Since meditation clears your mind, your ability to think clearly to remember things increases.
- Increases decision making and problem solving: Meditation increases your ability to think through things.
- Boosts immune system: Meditations affect on brain cells has been shown to boost the immune system.
- Lowers stress, depression, and anxiety: Meditation increases happiness and calmness, allowing you to better cope with negative emotions and situations.
- Lessens heart problems, brain problems, and inflammatory disorders: Meditation has been shown to positively affect these conditions.
Meditation is a practice that can benefit anybody! It doesn’t have to be hard or complicated. Spending 5 minutes a day in silence and focusing on your breath is a great way to start reaping the many wonderful benefits of meditation!
Thanks Elise!! Now, let’s all take a few minutes to
escape to our happy places meditate so we can survive this Monday!! 🙂