Note to Self

A while back Vickie made a comment relaying something that Roni had previously posted:

“There definitely is a correlation between what I eat and what I want to eat.”

I’ll admit that at the time, I didn’t fully understand that statement. It was one of those things that just didn’t really sink in for me and I went about my merry way.

I get it now.

Oh boy howdy, do I get it.

When I’m filling up with veggies and lean proteins and healthy fats, I want to eat MORE veggies, lean proteins, and healthy fats. However, if I eat tortilla chips and white bread, guess what I want? MORE tortilla chips and white bread and ice cream and candy bars and cookies and cake and…and…and…

So. Lesson learned. Note to Self: If you want to eat healthy things, you need to EAT HEALTHY THINGS.

Okay, that is all. Just wanted to point that out to myself and anyone else who may be interested. 🙂

One thought on “Note to Self

1. Kyra
    June 20, 2013 at 10:39 am

I’m with you. It’s actually something I’ve known for a while now. The trick is in getting back to the healthy foods again. You have to plow through the meals you don’t want and come out the other side. Sort of like regaining your sanity (I’m still working on that one.)

2. Laura N.
    June 20, 2013 at 4:18 pm

it’s such a vicious cycle. learning that lesson is hard. applying that lesson is hard. you are making headway, though, and learning from these kinds of mistakes. and sharing them is important. shed light on them so they don’t fester or bring shame. I’m sure your day today has been better. stay tough!

3. Hanka from Poland
    June 21, 2013 at 3:11 am

Well you made the point, the exactly point I needed to hear today. Thank you:-)

4. June 21, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I LOVE that quote from Roni, sums it up perfectly. Understanding saves one from a ton of “beating ones head against a brick wall” efforts/time.

5. June 22, 2013 at 9:51 am

That is definitely true with me…If I eat sweets, I want MORE. If I eat bread, I want MORE. If I have wine, I want MORE! Sometimes, though, I too have to re-learn this lesson that I know to be true. There’s a head of cauliflower in my fridge that needs to be cut up so I can continue my healthy-begets-healthy trend!

6. June 27, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Totally true. It’s like going on a binge. The only way to stop it is by consciously putting on the brakes. Wait out the craving.

7. June 28, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Your blog was highly valuable to me, as I never thought of it that way before. As I look back, I see what you are saying is true. Whatever I choose to eat, I want more of. Also, if I am eating a low cal meal it takes my mind off of a high cal meal.

I started a blog journalling my diet. I really hope it could be helpful to you in some way: http://skinnyminnywanabe.blogspot.com/

Victoria

8. August 14, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Yep. (She says while sighing and thinking of the chips she just ate).