Now if I could just chip away at this weight…

Hey guys – just checking in to say I’m starting to feel a little bit better. This whole allergy thing has really messed with my head this week. The weirdest and probably the worst thing has been that my allergy attacks come in the middle of the night. About one o’clock in the morning I’ll suddenly start sneezing and sniffling, which leaves me awake for about an hour or so while I fight it off, so then I’m worn out when I wake up in the morning. I finally took an allergy pill before bed last night and I slept like a baby completely exhausted woman. I’m still fighting the bad body image, but it’s not quite as strong as it was earlier in the week. So, I’m on the mend even if I don’t quite feel 100%.

Still doing my marble-in-the-jar thing and even if I don’t get to add a marble, it’s nice to see those other marbles which reminds me that I am capable of having good days. So I got that going for me.

We got our tax refund yesterday and so today I paid off my car and our credit card. Squeee!!!! I cannot tell you how liberating it is to pay off that damn card. This is the first time in the 16 years that we’ve been married there is not one drop of debt on that card. I got a little loosey goosey with it when I was a SAHM several years ago (need diapers? Put it on the card! Need a few extra groceries? Put it on the card! Need a fabulous pair of shoes? Put it on the card!)  and racked up a nice little chunk o’ debt. Nothing extremely horrible, but more than we could pay off at once. I have been chipping away at that debt for six years now and even without the tax refund, I would have had it paid off later this year, but now it’s free and clear! Woohoo! I’ma go buy some STUFF!! (relax, I’m kidding!) 🙂

That’s about it for today. Also wanted to say thanks for your nice comments on my last post – mainly just needed some rest to get my head on straight, being tired really jacks with me on so many levels!!

You guys are the best!

One thought on “Now if I could just chip away at this weight…

1. April 25, 2013 at 11:42 am

Glad you’re feeling better, and huzzah for paying off that credit card!!! There is not better feeling than NOT getting a bill.

2. April 25, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Wow! That’s a HUGE accomplishment. That calls for a happy-dance in the kitchen. 🙂

3. April 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Hey nice job on paying those off! 🙂 I’m glad you’re feeling better too.

4. April 25, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Do you have your pillows and mattress in allergy cases? Helps a lot. The pillows need to be in cases that do not make noise (some of them are very plastic).

• April 25, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I thought about that night before last as I was sneezing my head off. Definitely something I’m going to look into!

5. robynstar21
    April 26, 2013 at 11:09 am

That is awesome! I remember a couple years ago when I finally paid of the credit card debt I racked up in college, such a great feeling! now I just use my cards to safely shop online or when the bf and I will split a larger purchase, we then pay it off every month and I don’t have that burden weighing on me every month. What a great feeling!!

6. April 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I heard this is supposed to be a bad year for allergies. My source was just an old man my mom knows,so don’t really know where he got it. I guess you would call that an unverified source. Glad you are feeling better.

Paying off debt feels sooooo good.

• April 27, 2013 at 3:24 pm

This cracked me up! “my source was just an old man my mom knows” – I don’t know why I found it so funny but I think I’m going to use that in conversation soon. 🙂

7. April 28, 2013 at 9:40 am

That is definitely a great news. You are my inspiration now, being responsible and all. I hope one day I’ll be able to pay everything, myself. I am sure it feels really good and very comforting.

8. April 28, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award. http://thisbirddoesit.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/versatile-blogger/

9. cookie
    April 29, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Good for you! I am constantly glad it’s not that easy to build up credit card debt in Germany (as far as I’m aware). Most cards get a monthly bill and you have to pay them in full every month. Don’t like paying with a credit card anyway, it’s so easy to get carried away.

10. May 1, 2013 at 5:42 am

Weight off your shoulders,no doubt!

11. Larkspur
    May 3, 2013 at 10:32 am

That is FANTASTIC! Good for you!

• May 7, 2013 at 10:44 am

LARK!!! 🙂

12. Laura N.
    May 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm

How are you doing, Miss Jill?

• May 10, 2013 at 9:32 am

I’m hiding out in a frosting fueled haze, but the fog is starting to clear. I’ll post soon, I promise. 🙂 Thanks for checking on me. ♥

13. May 17, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Hi Jill, I am a new member of your blog, and I do like your blog a lot! Did you know that you got the Shape magazine’s award for being the best blogger!.. Amazing, how did you do that!?.. Congratulations! 🙂 and get well soon!..