Get your VD on!

Oh wait, that sounded so bad didn’t it?!? Happy Valentine’s Day anyway!!

Okay confession time – I didn’t freeze the cake. I let it sit on the table for a couple more days where I let it cause unnecessary angst for me, until yesterday when I finally told my daughter to just throw it away already!! Clearly I have an addiction to buttercream frosting that I will need to address in the future, but dayum it was tasty in the moment. The cake is gone now, in the trash, and no I didn’t dig it out of the trash to get one last bite. If it’s in the trash, it’s garbage!

IT’S GARBAGE AND IT’S WRONG TO EAT CAKE OUT OF THE TRASH!! (right?)

After last week’s big loss at weigh in, and my altercation with the cake, I’ll be lucky to lose .2 at Saturday’s weigh in. And if I don’t lose, well, I’ll just consider it a life lesson: don’t eat too much cake when you’re trying to lose weight. *sigh*

Any big plans for Valentine’s Day? We don’t do a lot for VDay – a card and some chocolates, that’s about it really. Sometimes the hubs and I will go to dinner or a movie if we feel so inclined, but this year I decided to switch it up a bit: I’m making lasagna for dinner and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. I thought the kiddos would enjoy dipping the strawberries (and eating them of course) and it would be a nice way to spend a relaxed evening at home with the ones I love the most. Oh, and I got a free movie rental from Redbox, so depending on how much time we have, we might watch a movie together too (it’s a school night, you know, so watching a movie on a school night is A BIG DEAL).

Speaking of Valentine’s Day, I think I tell this story every year only because I can’t believe anyone would have the audacity…anyway, one year way back in the day during college, I had a class with a guy that I thought sure hated me because he always wore such a pissed-off expression all the time. After class on Valentine’s Day, this guy sort of tosses a card on my desk as he’s leaving. It’s a Valentine’s Day card that says he thinks I’m pretty and would I like to go to lunch with him, of course being 19 and boyfriend-less, I said sure. At lunch he gives me dozen roses and says he just wanted me to have them. I was flabbergasted, because who gives a dozen roses on the first date? Well, someone who’s girlfriend just broke up with him the night before, apparently. I found out a few days later that he had bought the card and the roses for his girlfriend but she dumped him before he could give them to her, so he decided to give them to me. Which, would have been fine if he had just told me that in the beginning, but he made up this story about how he had always thought I was pretty but he was too shy to talk to me, yadda yadda yadda whatever, so I didn’t go out with him again. Trust me, second-hand roses are not what a girl wants for Valentine’s Day! At least not this girl.

So, anyone else have a Valentine’s Horror Story? I’d love to hear it!

One thought on “Get your VD on!

1. February 14, 2013 at 11:26 am

adding this one to my Valentines Day collection (of posts) for next year. It is my favorite collection of the year, Laura’s engagement story being top of the list.

• Amy
      February 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Now I need Laura’s story.

2. February 14, 2013 at 12:57 pm
  3. February 14, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I know what you mean about the cake…have you ever seen the Sex and the City episode where Miranda eats the cake out of the trashcan? It hit too close to home for me!

• February 14, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Lol! My friend and I were JUST talking about that the other day!! (I felt the need to add that clip to my post as well – who knew eating out of the trash was such a popular sitcom dilemma?!)

4. February 14, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I think that sounds like a lovely valentine’s day. What time should I show up for dinner? (Because I can’t figure out what to make here!!!)

5. February 14, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Aren’t you good for about 4 months with your 3+ pound loss last week? You’ve met your quota! 😉

We don’t really do anything for VD. Danny told me earlier he was playing raquette ball with Stuart tonight. He just received a text from him and told me he wasn’t playing after all; Stuart’s wife is upset he made “other” plans. I told Danny to text Stuart back, saying, “What does it mean when my wife is fine with me playing tonight?”

6. February 14, 2013 at 9:07 pm

This is a Christmas story, not Valentines, but still…
    I was dating a guy for a few months in my early 20s and he always spent lots of money on me (we flew to another city to see “Phantom of the Opera”!) so for Christmas I bought him an engraved bracelet that I couldn’t really afford. Then we broke up about three days before Christmas. What do you do with a man’s bracelet engraved with his name?

• February 15, 2013 at 10:05 am

Oh man that bites!! 😦

7. Miz
    February 19, 2013 at 7:41 am

that george clip is a FAVE FAVE FAVE at our house…