I made it back from Houston safe and sound. I learned a lot and there are going to be some big changes at the ole workplace – some good and some not so good and some that only time will tell.
Anyway, while I was holed up in my hotel room taking bubble baths and NOT watching Disney Channel (it was pure bliss!) I learned a few things about myself:
- I like to eat alone. Going to dinner with colleagues was okay the first night, but what I really wanted was to just eat in my room. I went along though just to be sociable. Also, after the first day, I would get up early and go down to the free breakfast, load up on whatever I wanted to eat that day (usually it was english muffin with cream cheese and juice) and take it back to my room where I would eat at a little table and watch the morning news. I just wanted to eat in solitude and not have to make small talk over rubbery eggs. Is that weird?
- I discovered I really really like tea. I started drinking hot tea when I realized that I was just eating out of boredom. I would drink like 3 cups of herbal tea per night – most of them were decaf and I would put in a little honey – SO wonderful!
- As much as I complain about being so busy at home and never having any time to myself, the truth is, I missed the chaos that having a husband and 3 kids brings. That first night in my hotel room, I didn’t know what to do with myself. I was bored out of my mind.
- I learned that a hotel vending machine is kind of expensive and very dangerous. There were several times I went and stood in front of it with my dollar bill in hand and contemplated the pros and cons of peanut M&Ms. Sometimes the pros won, sometimes the cons won.
- I learned that I am sick of eating restaurant food. I am so puffy from all the salt and fat that it’s going to day a 55 gallon drum of water to get rid of all the sodium in my system. For lunch today I had a simple sandwich – and I was damn happy to have it!
I’m happy to be back home with my people. I have a lot to do to get ready for Thanksgiving, so I should probably get off the computer and get busy. I have a lot of catching up to do on my Google Reader and I also need to post a couple of reviews and giveaways here. And I have not forgotten to mail my Pay It Forward gifts, just haven’t had a chance to make it to the post office during business hours. Lots to do, lots to do!!
Have a great week ya’ll! 🙂