I suck and I have no excuse for it.

Epic Fail

Image via Wikipedia

So….apparently along with The Blog Curse, there is also a Challenge Curse.

Four days. Out of TEN.

That’s all I did. I failed my own stupid Ten Day Wake Up and Work Out Challenge. FAILED! Because I’m a failure. At challenges.

Do I have any good excuses? No. Hell no. I just didn’t want to get up at 5:30 in the morning to work out. I wanted to sleep instead and that’s what I did. Oh, and to add some salt to that wound, I had plenty of opportunities to work out in the evenings if I wanted to, but you know what I did instead? I watched Billy the Stupid Exterminator, and Steven Seagal:  Stupid Lawman, and American Stupid Pickers, and Stupid Pawn Stars. Apparently seeing all these people making their livings was more important than increasing my fitness and health.  Stupid A&E and stupid History Channel. I suck. TV sucks. Everything sucks.

Major suckage.

So, I give myself a D grade for this challenge. Which is passing, but barely. Really it should be called Failing Plus. I give myself a Failing Plus grade for this challenge.

I think that in the future, I’m going to start writing about things AFTER they happen. Like I could have written, “hey guys! Guess what I did? I made a challenge for myself to work out for 5 days and I did 4 days, so YAY ME!!” See, that way no one would know what a TOTAL WORKOUT LOSER I AM. Because even though I might have good intentions, you know where good intentions lead? That’s right – TO HELL.  So I’m keeping my intentions to myself from now on.

And please don’t try to bolster me with pity or sympathetic pats on the back because really? I don’t feel deserving of that. And I think I’m going to try something else, but I’m not going to tell you all because THE ROAD TO HELL and all. I’ll just let you all know next week if it works or not.

After I get done watching the entire line up of timesuck on A&E.

One thought on “I suck and I have no excuse for it.

1. September 30, 2010 at 11:26 am

Not wanting to wake up early to work out is NOT a good excuse??
    Crap, I suck too.

• September 30, 2010 at 12:01 pm

You only suck if you shout it out to all of blogland that you’re going to do it. You are the opposite of suck – you blow! 😉 heehee

2. September 30, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I just got an ab workout from laughing.

Well, I suck, too. I entered your challenge and said I would join you at o-dark-thirty. I didn’t do one single day!!! I’m in suckdom with you.

Netflix is my late-night drug-of-choice.

3. September 30, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Well that sucks.

And this made me laugh, but completely with you. Because you have experienced my secret: I don’t do “challenges” anymore, no matter how fun-sounding or worthy, because I suck at them. I lost my challenge mojo back when Shrinking Jeans was doing the challenge where you’d donate the weight you lost in cans to your local food bank, a challenge I could embrace whole-heartedly…but I’d just finished with training for my first triathlon, and my weight bounced back up to where it is right now, and stayed put. That really sucked, even though I made a lot of people laugh with my pictures of cans running away and sending me post cards.

Sure, I have goals, or “this thing I’m going to try” or other ways of wording how I’m going to get myself to do stuff. But “challenges?” They’re went the way of the “New Year’s Resolution”. (Another thing I don’t like and tend to suck at.)

• September 30, 2010 at 1:44 pm

(Um, “They went”. Apparently I suck at grammar and spelling, too. Please don’t tell the people who pay me to write stuff.)

4. September 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Well, you DON’T SUCK at making all of us laugh. Plus I got a chuckle out of remembering Pubsgal’s runaway cans again.

And, you DON”T SUCK at getting my butt out the door in the morning. Noah says THANK YOU. (Noah always shouts.)

And, Jill, you don’t suck at being a working mother. If I worked and I was a mother and I had a TV, I would be watching all those shows too. But I would probably fall asleep trying to watch all those shows.Because it is TOO HARD to be a mom and work and try to do anything else.

• September 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Well I’m glad ONE of us got up early and worked out! You always make me feel better about not being able to do it all. I sometimes forget that I’m not Wonder Woman, but thanks for reminding me that that’s okay. 🙂

5. September 30, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Weren’t you saying just a few posts ago that you were going to be different this time because you were taking it slow and steady – yoga for a month, then add one more class etc? Not throw yourself into something you would most likely fail at?

I think you need to listen to your own advice.

Or was that someone else? It’s good advice anyway.

• September 30, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Ugh. I hate it when my words come back to bite me in the ass. But you are right, so thank you for reminding me. 🙂