Payin it forward (cuz I’m selfish like that)

Debby found a great idea from a blog she reads (go here to read her  post) about giving a handmade gift to someone, and because I know Debby is super talented, I want a handmade anything from her! So I’m participating in her idea. The only problem is, I have to make a gift for someone. I’m a little bit crafty, not super-crafty, but I do okay. So if you want something handmade from me, here are the rules:

I will make a handmade gift for the first 3 interested people who comment on this post.

I have 365 days to do it in

What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise!

The catch is that you must participate as well:

You must have a blog.

And before you leave your comment here, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going.  Just cut and paste this one if you like, which I did.

Okay, so that’s it!  Because I’m a selfish wench and I want something from Debby, I’m going to put my crafting skills on the line and be willing to make something for someone else.  If you want something from me, be one of the first 3 to comment, but you have to pay it forward as well.

OR…

if you don’t want to make something and you don’t want to receive anything from me,  leave a comment with your best “pay it forward” story – you might inspire someone to do something nice for someone else today!  I love hearing what other people have done – I’ve been looking for some way to do a Random Act of Kindness for someone, so I hope to steal borrow some ideas from you all!   Happy RAKing!!

One thought on “Payin it forward (cuz I’m selfish like that)

1. December 7, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I love this idea! It’s on – I am copying and pasting into my next entry, and am almost as excited about making stuff for others as I am in getting something handmade – Yay! I assume you will eventually need my address and so on…just throw me an email. Double Yay!

2. CM
    December 7, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I would like a handmade gift please! I’ll put this up on my blog and see what happens! Great idea.

3. December 8, 2009 at 5:54 am

hmmm I cant make much but may be in for this anyway!!!

with my daughter.

yesterday I tried to pay it forward and buy the person behind me at starbucks coffee and he wouldnt let me.

got all weirded out about it 🙂
    it was actually kind of sad…..

• December 8, 2009 at 9:40 am

Some people literally don’t know how to let others do things for them. And yes, it is sad. 😦
      But you get points for trying anyway!!! 🙂

4. Juice
    December 8, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Bummer! I missed this by one comment.

Oh well. It’s a great idea. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

And my RAK for today was picking up a RPP (Random Pile of Poop).

• December 8, 2009 at 3:13 pm

You can still get in on Debby’s!! You know she’ll make something great! 🙂

December 9, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Hi Jillie, I’ve been snowed in and without power for three days, and after checking my comments, you are the first person I visited. I am so exhausted (7:;30 pm) Sitting and reading for hours with a flashlight will do that to you…

I won’t write everything here, don’t worry. Big blog entry coming up…glad you liked the pay it forward idea, I still have only 2 comments. Funny, huh?

I love your snow. How did you do it?

• Jill
      December 10, 2009 at 11:10 am

Oh no!! I’m so sorry about the power failure! Do you have it on now? I guess you do since you commented! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I’ve been through power outages the last two winters. It makes you appreciate electricity though!

Snow – go to your dashboard, go to Appearances, and then Extras. It will give you an option to have the snow show up.

Hope you and the dogs are well!