Hey Gang!Okay, so how’s the workout going? I have to say I am in LOVE with this workout. It’s fast, it’s effective, and there are no silly girlie aerobic dance moves involved, which is a good thing because I don’t think repeatedly tripping over one’s own feet is a good form of exercise. Since I started the work out a day early, on Monday I was S-O-R-E. I was really afraid that Monday night’s workout would do me in, but I found it to be easier than the day before and during last night’s workout, though still tough, I was already able to keep up a little better than before. I was still sore yesterday, but not really in a wimpering-because-it-hurts-to-blink kind of way, more of an I KICKED ASS AND IT HURTS SO GOOD kind of way. Today, I gotta admit, I’m really not very sore at all. I’ll most likely have to skip today’s workout, unless I can rearrange some things, but I should be on track for the rest of the week. What do you guys think so far? Love it? Hate it? Love to hate it?
Remember these guys?
Turns out they are still at it promoting the wrinkly little fruit we all know and love. They have their own website and personal trainer and are looking to get fit and healthy in 2009. And hey, just like almost everyone else in the world, they have a Facebook page! I checked out their website and it’s very pretty. Go see!
Follow this link to find:
• Six simple ways to get in shape without breaking the bank
• Video of Valerie Waters sharing wise choices for 2009
• Healthy and fast breakfast ideas
• Audio summary headline
• High resolution images for use on your blog or Web site
Visit http://www.loveyourraisins.com for even more information including:
• Follow-along fitness videos and at-home workout routines from Valerie Waters
• Healthy living tips from Waters
• Delicious and healthy recipes from California Raisins
About California Raisins:
• Just ¼ cup of raisins provides one fruit serving
• Raisins are fat and cholesterol free and low in sodium
• California Raisins are a convenient and portable source of all-natural energy
About Valerie Waters:
• Seventeen years of experience working with celebrities including Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Kim Raver and Matt Dillion to name a few.
• Called “Hollywood’s Hot Trainer” by US Weekly, Waters is known as the go-to trainer called by Hollywood’s elite when they need to get in shape and stay that way.
• Has appeared on E! News, Good Morning America, VH1 and CNN and is regularly featured in top publications including Glamour, Vanity Fair, In Style, Fitness and Shape.
Myself, I prefer to eat my raisins with something (peanut butter and celery, I’m looking at you) instead of just by themselves. My hands get all sticky when I eat them alone, because unlike my 3 year old, I don’t eat them one at a time, I grab a clump and shove it into my pie hole because I like the chewy-ness of several raisins all together. I also like to throw a handful in with my oatmeal. Yummy!
Okay enough raisin talk. Let’s talk about the heart for a minute, k? I’m seeing a lot of Go Red for Women ads lately and even though I’m all for educating women about heart disease, I feel like our guys are getting left out. I know that for years and years heart disease in women has been largely ignored, but don’t our men deserve some fun and fancy educating too? I would like to see an initiative that is geared toward men, the way Go Red has been geared toward women. I know my husband doesn’t really connect that what he eats affects his heart, and working out for him is all about “the guns” (kind of like how my workouts are all about “the buns”), not so much about having a healthy heart. They could have some red boxer shorts as their logo, like women have the red dress (although that would make the Wear Red campaign mighty awkward in the work place). I want my husband around for a long time and if it takes some Go Red Power Tools or Go Red Fishing Tackle for him to get the message, then I say bring it on. What say you? Does men’s heart health deserve the same attention as women’s health? Are women just more receptive to these kinds of campaigns? I don’t know, you tell me.
Hope this gives you all something to think about today! Have a good one! 🙂