Ice Storm Revisited

I’m sitting here in my sweatshirt and track pants and fuzzy socks because I am not at work today.  Today I am blogging from home due to the inch of ice and sleet covering EVERYTHING.   Schools are closed, businesses are closed, and thankfully, my place of employment is closed as well.   The power is still on (knock wood) so the family and I are just hanging out.  I really hope this ice storm isn’t as bad as the last one.  Don’t think I could handle multiple days of no power again.

Here’s the view from my front porch – no that’s not snow, it’s ICE.

Brrr!

Brrr!

We took pity on the poor birds and threw some birdseed out to them…

Eat it up birdie!

Eat it up birdie!

Today is one of those days where you just want to snuggle up under a blanket and watch movies and eat all day long, but I’m determined to NOT do that.  I’ve got Cardio Blast on FitTV coming on at 4pm today and of course there’s always the laundry to be done.  I may even clean out a closet if I get super motivated.  I want to keep busy today and keep my mind off of snacking and noshing and munching.  I really hoped Jillian would be waiting for me when I came home yesterday, but alas, there was no 30 Day Shred in my mailbox, but I’m sure I can find plenty of other things to do to keep me moving.

I may be home tomorrow too (and possibly the day after that), so I’m sure you will see another post from me then (if I can beat my kids to the computer!).   Have a good day everyone!

One thought on “Ice Storm Revisited

January 27, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Just keep moving Jill. That’s what I did yesterday. Some of it was just piddling. And then I set a time that I can’t eat before, and see if I can make it. Not an unreasonable time either.

Those birds are amazing. I really am always astonished by birds. Those tiny little NAKED legs, and they are not sorry for themselves. And they never eat so much that they can’t fly!….unless they are a chicken.

2. January 27, 2009 at 2:39 pm

When I saw your post, I was like “hey! that looks like where I live!” Then I remembered that you said you lived in Oklahoma, whereas I live in Missouri. I was driving home yesterday from my student teaching and drove by two accidents and three vehicles stranded on the side of the road. I definitely understand the whole snuggle, blanket, movie, snack thing. I have already fell victim to it. I hope your day is more productive than mine!

3. January 27, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Well so far today, I have made a huge breakfast (hashbrowns, eggs, pancakes, bacon); some home made chocolate pudding (that turned out more like frosting), helped my daughter make cupcakes, and made sandwiches for lunch. Lots of food in the house today, but I’ve done okay. I’ve also done a bazillion loads of laundry – wonder how many calories THAT burns!!

4. January 27, 2009 at 4:56 pm

So when are we going to start the Shred workout? I’m ready when you are.

5. January 27, 2009 at 6:46 pm

I”m still waiting for the Shred DVD to make it’s appearance in my mailbox. When it gets here I’ll do a big festive post about it and we can get started. Hopefully it gets here in the next day or two!!

6. January 28, 2009 at 10:05 am

That’s the one thing I don’t miss about Oklahoma . . . ice and snow, well I do love snow.

Nice big property you got their land lady barroness!

7. January 28, 2009 at 1:47 pm

It looks beautiful but I’m sure not fun to be in. Stay warm and safe.

8. January 28, 2009 at 2:00 pm

That does look cold! Enjoy your snow day… Make it count!