Dear Halloween Candy

Dear Halloween Candy,

Oh what a weekend we had!  Our time together was special wasn’t it?  I mean, I’ve never indulged so much in at least a year.  Our 3 nights and 2 days together was something I won’t soon forget, but I cannot let it go on any longer.  There is such a thing as “too much of a good thing” and Candy, let me tell you, you are too much of a good thing for me.  While our joy was fleeting, I fear the pounds and inches you left on me won’t soon go away, and that is why I must say “No More!”.  It causes me more pain and anguish than you can possibly imagine to have to do this, but I cannot see you anymore. We must part ways, at least for now dear Candy.  I must be strong and take a stand, because my health would surely suffer if we were to continue our tryst.  I’ve worked too hard and too long to be where I am today and I cannot let a little chocolate and caramel detour me off of my path.  But rest assured, my sweet H.C., that I do still love you and will think fondly of you until we can meet again in only 363 short days.  Until then, stay sweet.

Yours forever,

Jill

One thought on “Dear Halloween Candy

1. November 3, 2008 at 3:08 pm

LMAO! I had a horrid flashback of my mother rooting through my plastic halloween pumpkin bucket when I was a kid, on Friday night as I was rooting through my son’s pumpkin. They both have so much candy and they’ll never eat it all. Hopefully I won’t either!

2. November 3, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Are you reading my mind?!? I feel Exactly the same way!

Over at MizFit, she recommended planning to indulge, just for Halloween, and then getting back on track over the weekend…unfortunately, I just read the first part 🙂

3. November 3, 2008 at 10:32 pm

you are too funny!

4. November 5, 2008 at 6:21 am

yeah and Im walking the walk 🙂

went through the mcds drive through monday (for apples for the toddler) and HANDED OVER 2 FULL BAGS TO THE TELLER 🙂

and drove off.

it made me laugh if nothing else (oh and I paid as well…wasnt trying to barter :))

5. Meg
    November 5, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Heh! That was great! I fell prey to the “after Halloween candy sales”…

Here’s to getting back on track before the next holiday derails me again ^_^

-Meg

6. November 6, 2008 at 9:12 pm

My condolences on your breakup…

7. November 11, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Very funny, I hate those bite sized chocolate bars. It’s too easy to just sit and eat 10 in one sitting.

I’m glad to see you broke it off 🙂

8. November 11, 2008 at 8:41 pm

I just broke up with Candy too! First year I’ve had Halloween stockpiles and we only had one trick-or-treater…that equals bad news!