Maybe it’s because you’ve been sick this week or maybe you’re just sick of it, but these thoughts about sweets you’ve been having lately are BIG. Desserts and sugary treats don’t really satisfy you anymore, do they? They haven’t been tasting as good lately and it just seems like a waste of time and calories when you keep eating them, hoping they’ll taste better with the next bite. So if you think you are really ready to cut back, then there are some things you need to know:
- You are going to need to find a replacement for your usual sweets. Fruit would probably be a good thing, but let’s think of some protein/fruit combos for when the habit to nosh strikes.
- You’ve already had coffee with sugar this morning, so right now you are feeling good. But what happens after lunch when you forgo your usual chocolaty dessert? There’s probably going to be some anxiety that comes up – are you ready to deal with that? If it gets to be too much, then have half or even a quarter of what you would usually have and see if that tides you over.
- There’s no need to be all-or-nothing about this. Let’s just do an experiment for the next few days and see how it goes, okay?
- You can do this! It’s one small change that will pay big dividends in the long run, and you will probably feel so much better right away.
- You will never regret NOT bingeing. You will never regret NOT eating 1000 calories of junk. Just keep that in mind when you are faced with that chocolate cake you made “for the kids”.
Let’s just go slow with this and see what happens. Cut some bad stuff out and put some better stuff in and above all, be nice to yourself. These are the paths to change.