Hey kids! Happy Wednesday to ya!
Um…I’ve got nothing remotely interesting to say. Just thought I’d pop in say hi.
Butterfly Girl bestowed upon me a wonderful award –
Isn’t it purty?
I’m supposed to tell you 10 things about myself, and then pass this award on to other bloggers, but since I’m short on time today, I’m going to give you permission to award yourself this…award (allow myself to introduce…myself – anyone?). So if you want it, it’s yours!
Okay, on to the TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME (and probably won’t care about anyway):
1) I’ve never eaten crab legs or lobster. I’m more of a shrimp and scallop girl – I like my food to not have potentially deadly claws that could snap off a finger.
2) Brad Paisley’s music makes me swoon. He writes the best love songs.
3) When I was in college, my roommate and I used to walk for 45 minutes every day – we were like the USPS, it didn’t matter how hot or cold it was outside, when 5 o’clock came – we were hitting the pavement. We were also tiny and toned!
4) I used to be a punk. In junior high, my bff Kristy and I thought we were Punk. We had spiky hair and wore black a lot. I grew out of that phase before high school, but Kristy wanted to keep “punkin out”. We grew apart after that. Sad.
5) I met my husband because he was holding a dog. If it weren’t for that dog, we might have never met.
6) I have a family member who is going to be on TV next year, but I’m not supposed to talk about it. Dangit!!
7) I have an unnatural fear of crunchy bugs. Spiders and snakes don’t bother me (much), but you put a beetle in front of me and you will see a grown woman throw a hissy fit (it ain’t pretty).
8) One of the best conversations I’ve ever had with my mom was when I spent an entire evening asking her about all the different decades she has lived through. She was a teenager in the 50’s, a new mom in the 60’s, a working mom during the women’s movement of the 70’s, and the mom of a teenager in the 80’s. It was really interesting to talk about.
9) If I won the lottery tomorrow, I would quit my job and become a writer. Or a stand up comedian. Or Oprah.
10) A couple of years ago, I had a friend who confided in me that she and her husband were swingers. My others friends think she was trying to “recruit” my husband and I. I didn’t stick around long enough to find out – I cut off contact with her after that conversation because, um… AWKWARD!
Okay that was a really random list, but it was all I could come up with on the fly. Remember, if you want the award, have it! I’ll share my Honest Scrap with anyone who wants it!